Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I Pimp the Post Whores
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
True Story.....Frank Lucas...

The Movie was great, Anyone else seen it yet? :)Sneeky)

Come's out this Friday... Go See it!

Especially if your in the Army!:lol

Frank Lucas (born 1930 in Washington, NC) was a heroin dealer and organized crime boss in Harlem during the late 1960s and early 1970s. He was particularly known for cutting out middlemen in the drug trade and buying heroin directly from his source in Southeast Asia. He organized the smuggling of heroin from Vietnam to the US by using the coffins of dead American servicemen ("cadaver connection").[1]
He claims to have grossed $1 million a day selling drugs on 116th Street.[1] Federal judge Sterling Johnson, who was special narcotics prosecutor in New York at the time of Lucas' crimes, called Lucas' operation "one of the most outrageous international dope-smuggling gangs ever, an innovator who got his own connections outside the U.S. and then sold the narcotics himself in the street."[1]
Frank Lucas was arrested in 1975 in New Jersey and was convicted of both federal and New Jersey state drug violations. In 1976, he was sentenced to 70 years in prison. Once convicted, Lucas provided evidence that led to the convictions of more than 100 drug-related criminals.[2] His sentence was reduced and changed to parole, so that he was released from prison in 1981. In 1984 he was arrested again and convicted for new drug violations and a parole violation. He received a sentence of 7 years and was released from prison in 1991.[3][4]
Frank Lucas is now wheelchair bound, as seen in the HBO documentary, "The Making of American Gangster." Actor Denzel Washington portrays Frank Lucas in the film American Gangster directed by Ridley Scott, due for release on November 2, 2007.

·
I Pimp the Post Whores
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i saw that movie last week and it was pretty good. Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe are great actors!!
Definetly was, they left some good Stuff out of the movie!
Maybe its in the Theatre release! theres alot more to the story! I Will still go see it when it comes out!

*Great acting throught the whole movie!:yes

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
looks good for sure.. will have to see it along with Saw IV

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Saw it, good movie! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Thats was kind of WEAK IMHO....But it was an alright 4th to add to the trilogy!
Now that I think about it I haven't seen Saw III either.. damn

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
great movie, when i watched Saw and the asian cop got shot i was like "yo whats up with killing the ashin man that quick, give the brother a break.":lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts