Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
People want to be safe but they don't want to sacrifice anything to be safe. If the screeners properly did their job, 98% of flyers would bitch about the long waits and cry about getting searched.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I'm all for getting there early waiting to walk through security etc... I never bitch about it... well sometimes when I have to get up at 5am to make it here early. :puke

But they just need to use more efficient equipment I think.. Denver International has a X-Ray type scanner where you walk into a it rotates around you and scans your body.. very cool not sure on how effective though

·
Registered
48 Posts
People want to be safe but they don't want to sacrifice anything to be safe. If the screeners properly did their job, 98% of flyers would bitch about the long waits and cry about getting searched.
You nailed it.

"Nothing has happened in a long time, why am I waiting on these long lines still?"

But then those very same people will be the first to demand answers as to how some terrorist smuggled something onto a plane.

"Where was all the security???? How could this happen????"

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
why in the F are we paying for these retards to screen this stuff

have you seen the TSA employees? its like watching monkeys throw wrenches.

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
there's NO WAY everything that goes through those checkpoints can be found. the sheer number of travelers in the US makes sure of that, especially around the holidays.

·
Registered
103 Posts
there's NO WAY everything that goes through those checkpoints can be found. the sheer number of travelers in the US makes sure of that, especially around the holidays.
Everything or almost everything could be found if they searched everybody and everything but how many people are willing to be searched and are willing to wait hours for everybody and everything to be searched? Very few people are willing to wait....yet nobody wants to die when someone sneaks a bomb on a plane.

All I'm saying is that if people want safer air travel they're going to have to be willing to be searched and expect longer delays.

·
Major Member
2,244 Posts
All I'm saying is that if people want safer air travel they're going to have to be willing to be searched and expect longer delays.
And all I'm saying is that no matter how many delays, searches and procedures you put travelers through, if someone wants to hijack a plane, they're going to find a way to do it. "Safe air travel" is a cute set of words that really doesn't mean much.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
And all I'm saying is that no matter how many delays, searches and procedures you put travelers through, if someone wants to hijack a plane, they're going to find a way to do it. "Safe air travel" is a cute set of words that really doesn't mean much.

amen.

·
Registered
301 Posts

yup. And it doesn't help with the TSA publishes a list of exactly what they are looking for, so the terrorist know exactly what the arent looking for (ways to smuggle in crap).

Recently on a flight, I had a knife and a cigar cutter in my backpack, left there unknowingly.......I realized it when I got home. They let me check the bag on the plane and everything. :rofl

Bottom line, this security myth is just that......something to make US feel better. Those that would wish to thwart us are laughing their asses off and just biding their time. We will wait a few more years, get comfortable once again, and then.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts