Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im sure y'all remember me complaining about not enough power to do 3rd gear clutch wheelies on the r1 forum with my stock 07. after installing the pc and bmc race filter, my R-1 does wheelie like it should, I did remove the velocity stacks as well.

Yes these few mods did help tremendous, but I still want the throttle valves to open fully at wot. its fun to ride now, I only have the pc download map. wee:yes

Attachments

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
That's sweet, what do you mean by saying you removed the velocity stacks as well?

They are variably on the 07 and not something you can remove or would want to remove that I was aware of?
exhaust looks damn good on there, but i'm with R1Lover and curious about the velocity stacks....

:eek:h:imwst would like to hear more or see some pics of what you did.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The variable lenght intake funnels can be removed and the whole system is to be replaced.
On race track you really don´t need the low-end torq, and with specific lenght funnels you can tune the power exactly where you want it to be.
YEC parts are available for that, as some other manufacturers.

http://www.yamaha-racingparts.com/model.php?cat=0&sub=0&page=2&product=52

Here are a couple of pics of stacks sold for 07 R1 by different manufacturers:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
The variable lenght intake funnels can be removed and the whole system is to be replaced.
On race track you really don´t need the low-end torq, and with specific lenght funnels you can tune the power exactly where you want it to be.
YEC parts are available for that, as some other manufacturers.

http://www.yamaha-racingparts.com/model.php?cat=0&sub=0&page=2&product=52

Here are a couple of pics of stacks sold for 07 R1 by different manufacturers:
Good info, but in this case wheelie is complaining of no low end and mid range, so I think in his case he would be much better with the stock one. ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts