Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I've heard of them, as I get their catalogs. Would be fun, but I need to get an enduro.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You guys heard of it? I'd love to do one but it's $$$

http://www.aerostichtours.com/

Sorry I was digging for something else and just seen your post...while the areostich tours are probrably really great, you can do it much much cheaper your self. I think they advertise the Alaska tour for $9,000 and half a tour for 4,500....seriously, I did this trip this summer and I spent just over $1800.00 (TOTAL!! including a new camera when mine got water logged, and a bunch of souveniors for the wife and kids, and 3 cabin days, and renting a Kayak for a day)...rode from Ohio and camped along the way. It was for sure an awesome trip...I cant wait to do it again so I'm going back. Theres a video and picts on the R1 forum...if you want I'll post a link to the google video from my trip.

·
4rum OG #8
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry I was digging for something else and just seen your post...while the areostich tours are probrably really great, you can do it much much cheaper your self. I think they advertise the Alaska tour for $9,000 and half a tour for 4,500....seriously, I did this trip this summer and I spent just over $1800.00 (TOTAL!! including a new camera when mine got water logged, and a bunch of souveniors for the wife and kids, and 3 cabin days, and renting a Kayak for a day)...rode from Ohio and camped along the way. It was for sure an awesome trip...I cant wait to do it again so I'm going back. Theres a video and picts on the R1 forum...if you want I'll post a link to the google video from my trip.
Yes please!! :hooray

·
2,843 Posts
I have the high quality DVD. ;) Was cool to meet Shawn and his friend on their way up to AK, and glad to help them out as I could on posting info and some pics. :) Two years out, and we'll hopefully be riding the TaT together.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have the high quality DVD. ;) Was cool to meet Shawn and his friend on their way up to AK, and glad to help them out as I could on posting info and some pics. :) Two years out, and we'll hopefully be riding the TaT together.

Yep, it was cool to me ya too, I just wish we had more time to hang out a bit....Thats alright we'll be sick of seeing each other if we ever do the TAT....lol....I'm still waiting for the guys that did the video on it to release it. but It looks like they are trying to hold out for a tv series....either way I just want to see it.

Nice Vid!! :thumbup

Thank you! Can I borrow your R1 when its finished? I want to do Baja next...lol!!!!!!!!! Those wheels otta fly over the trails!:rofl

WOW! That was epic :bow On an R1 too, must have back of steel:eek:h

Honestly, I get that alot, but it wasn't difficult at all to ride the miles on the R1.....if I had one complaint about it, it would be heated grips and hand guards. Other than that, I loved it.

·
2,843 Posts
Yep, it was cool to me ya too, I just wish we had more time to hang out a bit....Thats alright we'll be sick of seeing each other if we ever do the TAT....lol....I'm still waiting for the guys that did the video on it to release it. but It looks like they are trying to hold out for a tv series....either way I just want to see it.

Yeah, that was the thing that bummed me out was that we didn't get a chance to hang out more. If you come this way again before we do the TaT, we'll have to. Or, if I go out east.

I'm interested in seeing it as well. If it's a series, it'll most likely be on cable, which I won't be able to see then.

I'm already making plans for it. :yes

Thank you! Can I borrow your R1 when its finished? I want to do Baja next...lol!!!!!!!!! Those wheels otta fly over the trails!:rofl
I'll get Bogie up here next summer so he can show me how to handle the MX track and trails while riding an R1. :rofl

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Only if the twin sister will be my nurse!! :sing :lmao
All you'll be getting are twin brothers... :fawkdance :rofl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts