Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold the luggage rack off my R1 for $350 and the guy is from Ireland. He wants to pay with paypal. Do I need to know anything about accepting his payment this way? Is this a secure transaction for me, or could the guy back charge my account through paypal after he gets the racks? I havent done much with paypal so I thought I'd better ask you guys what I need to look out for.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Agreed. Also, if at all possible insure it. Although, I don't know how that works going international though. Any time I sell something, I get insurance.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, he doesnt seem shady at all. I just want to do the safe thing since I read all the nightmare paypal stories.

So to recap: Send the package to the address on paypal with delivery confirmation, and insure it.

Also since this is a used item, and has various scratches, etc. Should I type in a detailed description on the paypal invoice?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wouldn't be any more worried about selling to Ireland than to inside Canada or the US.

Oh, its not that i'm worried specifically about any one place, but I havent done much with paypal to begin with, and I've heard some nightmare stories. So I just want to make sure i do everything as legit as possible to cover my butt.

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
yea, I got dicked by paypal once, guy replaced the part with a wrecked one of the same, sent it back, blah blah, Paypal refunded him and took the money back. Keep track of the serial numbers and take pictures of it before hand, and in the box. If you're really worried about it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea, I got dicked by paypal once, guy replaced the part with a wrecked one of the same, sent it back, blah blah, Paypal refunded him and took the money back. Keep track of the serial numbers and take pictures of it before hand, and in the box. If you're really worried about it.

yeah, thats what I was worried about...jeez,

·
7c Forever
3,285 Posts
Just gotta play the odds man. I've used paypal hundreds of time, and there's been maybe 4 issues total, most of them it saved my ass, and 1 it screwed me. I'd rather use it than almost any other payment system tho.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again guys, I've only used it a few times and it screwed me once. I bought a box of old comic books( Eerie, and Creepy) from when I was a kid to show to my kids and to read again. Anyhow, the ad said good condition, when they arrived, they were all damp, moldy, torn and I couldnt even open most of them. I reported it to paypal, and they didn't do anything about it.

·
APPALACHIAN-AMERICAN
2,173 Posts
Make sure its the CONFIRMED paypal address (you can have a seperate address in paypal besides the confirmed one). Paypal will also cover you as long as you ship to the confirmed address and can provide tracking information.

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
cash it out when it's received too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts