Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bestfriend just had a baby (boy) and i want to get her and her husband and their kid something that will be handy. my mom told me that she could never get enough diapers when my sister and i was born so i was thinking something like a gift card to kidsrus and let that be that. can you guys think of anything else? im going to see her sometime this week and i dont want to walk in empty handed.

thanks in advance,
Ron

·
I fly? No, You falled.
1,325 Posts
We got clothes from everyone. We already had all the diapers we needed, (get them from costco or sams club, it's cheaper, along with the baby wipes). Did they have a registry? If so get them something off there. If not, outright ask them what they want or need.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We got clothes from everyone. We already had all the diapers we needed, (get them from costco or sams club, it's cheaper, along with the baby wipes). Did they have a registry? If so get them something off there. If not, outright ask them what they want or need.
she keeps telling me she doesnt need anything. we've been friends for along time and she owes me alot so she feels obligated to always say "nothing" or "dont worry about it." but shes my bestfriend so i cant just visit empty handed you know.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when it comes to my friends, budget isnt a word.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If they don't have a diaper genie, then I suggest that. Along with a couple refills for it.
i have no idea what that is but its going on my list. thanks a bunch

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Clothes, but don't buy baby clothes... people normally get too many baby clothes. Buy ones for 6 months + this is the time the other ones that people normally buy are all gone through and then you have to start buying them yourself... lol Those people that bought for the older sizes seemed to stick in our minds more, like they were really thinking... lol

And ya you can never go wrong with diapers, unless you buy the wrong type... some people have a favorite and will use nothing other then what works for them. For us that was Pampers lol

·
I fly? No, You falled.
1,325 Posts
Clothes, but don't buy baby clothes... people normally get too many baby clothes. Buy ones for 6 months + this is the time the other ones that people normally buy are all gone through and then you have to start buying them yourself... lol Those people that bought for the older sizes seemed to stick in our minds more, like they were really thinking... lol

And ya you can never go wrong with diapers, unless you buy the wrong type... some people have a favorite and will use nothing other then what works for them. For us that was Pampers lol
I agree! We got a ton of clothes for every stage up until 9 months.

OMG I cant stand the pampers brand! We only use Huggies on Marishka. The pampers broke her out BAD.

·
Who me? Did I do that?
191 Posts
Find out if they have a "Boppy" Horseshoe shaped pillow..these things are awesome.

The other gift that we could not live without, the red wagon.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
Gift cards are always a good idea. This way, they can get what they need and want. It's been too many years since our son was in diapers, so I can't remember much about then.

·
Lucky #13
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks alot everyone. please keep them coming. hopefully i can find something that will work well for the kid.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
bro, i would say to go with the gift card:fact

i would say to get them a visa or amex gift card that way they can use it @ any store they want.

when my 2 daughters where born the best thing was to count all the money and gift cards that we got. and go ahead and go shoppin for things that we still needed for the girls.

if they are telling u they don't need anything else, then go with the gift card

ps... i would still get them a big box of diapers and wipes along with gift card

1 - 20 of 23 Posts