Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I've tried to contact Yamaha and the local dealer to answer my questions and no one can so I'm turning to you guys. I've recently purchased a 2020 WR450. I'm trying to find out if it has the GYTR ECU in it. The previous owner did the free mods and it runs great. I would like to be able to tune it. I took off the tank and looked at the ECU and found that they are individually serialized and that number does not correspond to anything I can find. Both the OEM and the GYTR ECU start off with the number "B7R". The one that is in my bike is B7R2. If anyone has the same gen bike can they look at their ECU and tell me what theirs is? I've included a picture of my ECU.

Second, I have the owners service manual and on page 1-7, it indicated that the GYTR power tuner as an optional part. I thought the GYTR ECU could only be programmed using the optional CCU with wi-fi? In looking at the GYTR power tuner online it looks like it only works on bikes up to 2018. Why would Yamaha indicate that it's an optional part for the 2020. I've included pictures of the manual. The dealer was no help on this either. If it does work that would be great because it's substantially cheaper than buying the CCU.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts