Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

2008 FJR 1300AE

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  R1Lover 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Sport Touring rigs definitely have their niche. If I could only have ONE bike, it would be a sportbike, however having a 2nd or 3rd bike as an ST is great. Awesome for distance that allows you to actually carve it up during the trip and still have fun, but not a torture rack on the highway etc....

Next summer I plan on riding a loop, probably out to Cali and back. maybe.....4000 to 5000 miles? Dunno, but there is no way I'd do it on anything but a sport touring rig.

#10 ·
the one that syas if your going 30 mph or more over the speed limit or get a reckless driving ticket they will........

confiscate your bike and keep it
place you in jail and charge you with a felony
and take away your motorcycle liscence for 10 years

no joke this is being proposed , give me a minute and ill find you a link

#13 ·
Nazi's... they're everywhere! So in Florida, I could go 30 over in a 'vette or STi and get just a ticket?
but in reality its the stupid asses doing 30 40 50 over the posted speed limits and trying to flee that are getting these laws proposed.. :fact

just slow it down thats all doesnt mean you cant have fun on your sportbike just take it to the track or desolate twisties and you would be fine :yes:scooter

#14 ·
i agree about who is the blame for the laws but i certainly do not want to risk my families well being that i wont come across a cop on a desolate road when im speeding

the bill never even got voted on i think it was so obviously discrimination that they new it would not fly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.