Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys and gals, here it is. I've had the bike for a year now, so I figured it was time to start pouring money into it. :duh

I need to give her a bath, she's a little dusty.

So far, the mods I've done are:

Scorpio SR-i600 Alarm
Yamaha Seat Cowl
Yamaha Aluminum/Delrin Frame Sliders
Blaster-X Tail Light Integrator
Graves Flush Mount Front Signals
CRG Shorty Brake and Clutch Levers
Galfer SS Clear Brake Lines
Power Commander 3 USB
Akrapovic Full Evolution Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Harris Performance Gas Cap
K&N Air Filter
Competition Werkes Limited Fender Eliminator

The mods to come in the next month are:

GYTR Gel Seat
Puig Color Matched Rear Tire Hugger
Color Matched Front Fairings
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Dark Smoke Windscreen
Gilles VCR Rearsets

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks R1lover I think it's the nicest of the group. I think it'll look sweet with the painted front fairings...

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks great man!! :thumbup how do you like the akra full system??
I've only had the chance to ride twice since I installed it (stupid snow and cold up here), but I'm loving it so far. I couldn't believe the weight difference between the Ak and stock, it was unreal. The sound is awesome, and since I installed the power commander and uploaded the map R1Lover gave me, the power is sick! Oh, and the looks don't hurt either... :thumbup

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice Ride bro!! :rock
Thanks Bogie, I've got a looooooonnnnnnnnnnnng way to catch up to you... I'm still contemplating the Marchesini's... :sneaky

awesome!! :thumbup i have been seriously thinking about getting this system.. :drool
Do it. :thumbup It was worth the money, rode again yesterday (it was freezing though) and was giddy as a schoolgirl!

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
:cool

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Excuse my ignorance... -1 in the front?
The front sprocket on the 07-08 is 17 teeth... going to a 16 tooth front sprocket makes a big difference on the power on the lower end and mid range of the bike while not loosing much top end either.

It was one of the best mods I did all for about 25 bucks. :)

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The front sprocket on the 07-08 is 17 teeth... going to a 16 tooth front sprocket makes a big difference on the power on the lower end and mid range of the bike while not loosing much top end either.

It was one of the best mods I did all for about 25 bucks. :)
Cool, thanks for the tip R1L, any suggestions on brands?

·
Just Me.
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
afam is what I went with. :)

but you can get a stock one from a yami dealer too for an older R1 that came with a 16 tooth. :)
Oh dude, I don't know if I NEED any more power down low, I rode 600s until last year so this is a pretty huge jump already... :squid

sweet bike bro:rock
Thanks!:thumbup

I'm trying to decide between Gilles VCR rearsets or Galfer wave rotors (front and rear). Which would be the best choice if I'm only doing one right now?

·
mod impersonator
3,221 Posts
ive done both and id say to do the rearsets first...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts