Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had been driving my Waverunner for several weekends already. While coming back across the lake everything was working just fine. No alarms, etc. While slowing down to come into shallower water toward the dock a sudden puff of smoke came out of the back end. Quite a bit. Was still running so shut it down. Was worried so took it to my local mechanic. He started it up. Seemed to run ok with just a little residual smoke. He could not find anything wrong. Any suggestions on what might have happened? Have been trying to call my local dealer in Muskegon, MI, but can't get anyone to return my call. Don't want to take it in if it is a well known issue or happening.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let me start by saying I'm new to the waverunner world. Just a thought could you have a little to much oil in it? And when you slowed down it went threw air filter into motor. I have read not to over fill because the oil will blow into filter and if some gets sucked in to motor it might cause your problem. Again just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.