Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! So I recently bought a yz450f with what feels like endless issues. The clutch was completely tight when I bought the bike. The first big thing was the little ball bearing was not in the bike at all. I thought that would fix it. I have since replaced the cable, the push lever, the spring and number 12 bearing was also missing. After I replaced the bearing the lever went loose (due to the pressure plate being slightly farther away than before from the missing washer bearing thing being added) and there is a ton of play to the point where the push rod just barely taps the pressure plate when fully engaged causing it to slightly release. What can be causing this? I am lost and dont know what could be wrong at this point. Im beginning to give up hope. I asked my mechanic friend and he said replace the whole clutch. Do I really need to go that far?! :C HELP

·
Registered
6 Posts
I see this is a month old post but if you still need advice, you don't necessarily need a whole new clutch. to start, number 12 is not a bearing, it's a keeper for the nut. Do you mean 15? Look at the clutch basket. Have the fibers worn groves in it? That would cause a hard pull. Did someone put the ball in on the wrong end of the push rod? That's actually a common mistake. also the bearing has a keeper to keep it in place so it could also be hiding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts