Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this ski early this summer and have been ridin almost every weekend with no problems until about a week ago. Went to put it in the water and crank it and it acted like the batter was dead and would not crank. The battery was only about a month old from the dealer where I bought it. Being rushed for time that day I went and bought another battery from the part store that was already charged, put it in and tried to crank it and it did the same thing. So I took that battery back and put my battery on charge, once fully charged still nothing. I got someone to help me look more into the engine, we pulled the spark plugs and noticed they had slime on them due to the water sitting on them for a while. Two of the four spark plugs were worse that the other two. We dried out the holes where the plugs go, even tapped the start butting to blow out the water, there was a lot of water that came out. After spraying sea foam in it and drying them very good we put brand new plugs in, it cranked up but after a minute it started to run hot, yes I had the water running to it from the water hose. I just thought it may been a little hot due to us trying to crank it a few times while it was blazing hot outside. I stopped and let it cool for a few hours, tried to crank it later that day and it did the same thing, it wanted to crank but would not fire up. Anyone else had this problem, oh it has never been flipped by me, it's always ran great for the few months I've had it. Any idea what it may cost to fix this if I have to put it in the shop. Would like to try to fix it myself if possible, I don't have the cash for a big repair bill. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When running ski on hose-start ski then turn on water with in 10-15 seconds/ turn off water then turn off ski with in 10-15 seconds.
If you let the water run while ski was off this would be your problem.

If this is what has happened remove plugs blow all the water you can get out of cylinders, change the oil, run the ski and change the oil again.
May have to do this a few times to get all the water out.
Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts