Yamaha Powersport Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2001 VZ 150 TLRY Yamaha motor
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new member here looking for some help. I have a 2001 Yamaha VZ150 motor with tilt and trim troubles. We have taken the shift lever switch and the under cowling switches and replaced them with OEM parts. The relay just clicks when we engage either of the switches. We watched a video to see what we can check to test the relay and were shown how to test the tilt/trim motor by removing the green wire on the relay and touching the red, the motor should trim down. put it back and touch the blue wire to the red and it should go up. Neither of them do anything in that mode of testing. When we meter the red and black we get 12 volts. When we meter the black and green or red and green we get 12 v same with blue. When we meter the blue and green we get 12 volts. When we touch the meter to black and green its zero until we touch the switch then we get 12v same with blue and black. I don't want to replace the wrong component. How can I definitively test either to see which is faulty without bringing it to a shop at $125/hour. ANY help will be greatly appreciated.
Ron C.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts