Yamaha-Forum.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have some suggestions on where to get info on how to tune up my 2 new 2008 TTR's?

We just picked up a 50, and a 110 for the kids, and they both sputter on the way from the lower revs to the higher revs. I'd say about half way from low to high RPM's.

Good power at the lower revs, and very fun / easy bikes to ride.

Any hints / tips on where to go for info, would be apprecaited - newbie here.

thanks!

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I'm not familiar with either model. But, check the owner's manuals for any kind of fuel mixture screw. Turn out 1/4 turn at a time if it does and see if that helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not familiar with either model. But, check the owner's manuals for any kind of fuel mixture screw. Turn out 1/4 turn at a time if it does and see if that helps.
thanks, my wife may have stashed the manuals before I realized we had any - I'll go ask her... lol.

I figured it was something simple, since its on both bikes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the manual's says to let a dealer adjust the carbureator, and doesn't provide any info on it. Bummer.

·
Life: Tragedy or Comedy
2,843 Posts
I would look to see if there's any kind of adjusters. Also, might want to hit up any local racing forums. PW50's are pretty common for youngsters to start out on.

Sorry can't help you out on them. I'm not familiar with it. Hopefully someone else can chime in with the correct info.

·
time in a bottle
1,349 Posts
If I'm reading it right its a new ttr50 and ttr110 . if they are both brand new I would not start adjusting anything until you have some time on them. they seem to run crapy sometimes when they are new. not saying adjustments are not necessary but first I would give it some time on the dirt first.
good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts