Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Got a yz60 a year or so again in pieces as a bonus with another bike I bought. Well I finally redid the top end today and put it together. The carb was missing so I bout a cheap one off amazon I thing. Anyways, it runs fairly decent. Anyone know what this extra small port near the intake boot on the engine end is for? It looks like a vent line but it sucks air right into the engine and makes it idle high. Is it for oil injection on another application? I have it blocked off. But curious. Also, how high should this things idle be set? Seems like she loads up if you set it to low. Like a snowmobile does. I'm also curious as to what this bike would roughly be worth to the average person. It's pretty rough and the swingarm bushings are shot. Suspension is weak as hell. Just Need a good restore. But it seems to run hard. Thanks .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dont buy chinese carbs. It will work....but you cannot get the jets ight cause they are not vm mikuni compatible. I bought a actual mikuni corp carb today. It's still aftermarket but at least it has normal jets that you can tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts