Electrical issue on 02 R1 - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
Mechanical / How To For General Mechanical / How To that apply to all bikes.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 05:36 AM Thread Starter

Electrical issue on 02 R1

Hello all,

I've never come across this issue before so I thought I'd bring it up here and see if anyone else has.
Went to go for a ride yesterday and started having an electrical issue. I ride with my highbeams on during the day to be more visible. Well, when I flipped my high beams on the headlights went out and my blinkers all light up including the indicators on the dash. When I flip them back to low beam everything is fine. Could it be my headlight relay? Is there a separate relay for high and low beam? If I unplugged my headlights and flip my highbeam switch nothing happens and the blinkers function normally. I'm stumped

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Nothing, no one? It happen again when I went to ride this morning. Turned the bike on and no headlights, high or low beam. The blinkers and high beam lights on the dash were all light up along with the actual blinkers. Made no difference this time whether the headlight switch was in high or low beam position but when I unplug the headlights the blinkers and all lights on the dash go out like normal. If I use the blinkers though, they both flash like hazards all around and both dash blinker light too. Any ideas where to start to look for the problem? Can't ride it like this.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App