seal for gas tank fuel pump? - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
FZ's, FZR's, & YZF 750 FZ-600, FZ-700, FZ-750, & YZF-750

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

seal for gas tank fuel pump?

Well my gas tank was pretty dirty and rusty inside, anyone no a good way to clean them? I took out the fuel pump and cleaned the inside of the tank the best i could its alot better but when i put the fuel pump back in it leaked like crazy the seal looks fine but aperantly not. Yamaha wants 65 bucks for a stupid seal!! Would It be ok to use something else to seal it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 08:27 PM

Same problem just happened to me. I used evporust to clean out the tank, that stuff works like a charm. Make you are ready to put gas in the tank soon after otherwise when you wash it out you might get flash rust.
I would only use the recommended gasket for the fuel pump. Anything else, like silicone etc might get eaten up by the fuel and the next thing you know your bike could light on fire while you are riding it. Better safe than sorry with fuel situations I think.

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode