1994 YZF750R, Couple of questions... - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
FZ's, FZR's, & YZF 750 FZ-600, FZ-700, FZ-750, & YZF-750

1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikecowhey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

1994 YZF750R, Couple of questions...

Hey all. I picked up a YZF750R about a year ago and started rebuilding the bike. It is a bike I have wanted for a very long time and one came up for a good price. Anyway the kid I bought the bike from had taken it apart to do a valve adjustment but "got distracted" and the bike sat for about 5 years without the carbs on it, so while it sat water got in Cyl 4 and the valves rusted along with the piston rings and cylinder. Long story short, during its sit some parts got lost and now I am trying to figure out how everything goes back together. That said I have a couple of questions...

1. The heat shield that goes under the carbs, does it go above the coolant line that bolts to the cylinder or does it go in first and the coolant like bolt to the cylinder afterwords? Just looking for a little clarification on this as the pictures in the manual suck and looking at the shape of the holes in the heat shield it looks like the pipe goes over the top of it.

2. Does anyone have the plastic guard/shield that goes above the radiator/under the coils. So far that is the only piece that I think is missing, I need to either buy a used, one which has proven difficult to locate in the US, Or I need to make something comparable to put in its place. I just need to see what it looks like (preferably installed) so I have something to use as a guide.

Thanks in advance.
Mike.
tonyblames likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 11:44 AM

Sound like you brought a real mess. You will have to take the engine apart.
The Yzf750 was and is my only rebuild. It was not hard. But the manual
is a must have. And buy oem parts. Expensive. But best.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Actually it wasn't all that bad. I did have to replace the cylinder and have a couple of valve seats in one of the cylinders. Iused OEM Cylinder, pistons/rings, Ferrea valves for an FZR1000 only because I couldn't find enough stock valves to rebuild the head with and an aftermarket gasket kit because not all the OEM gaskets are available. Other than that, there really wasn't that much damage to the motor. It was mostly missing parts from off the bike, and of the stuff that was missing it was mostly small stuff that I don't really need to make the bike ride-able but would like to get my hands on to keep it stock.