Pee Wee 50 help - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 12:25 AM Thread Starter

Pee Wee 50 help

G'day new here and after some advice for a little pw50. Been having trouble getting the bike to go. No problem starting, starts first kick everytime and idle fine. However, when you switch it to run and pull the throttle there is no go. The motor sounds like it's bogging down and about to drown. I've fiddled around with the carby with no success.

Someone mentioned that this is a common problem when the off/start/run switch is not working properly. I was thinking of replacing it to see if that works unless you guys have any other advice.

Thanks
Pearso.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Hey what's this button do

My only experience on a 50 is crashing it while camping.. fixing it has never been my responsibility..

I say changing the run switch is your least expensive way to try and fix it..

"Is this the life that you lead, the life that's lead for you, will you take the road thats been laid out before you, will we cross paths somewhere else tonight"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2011, 10:27 PM

Old post, but here goes....

Has it run in the past, since you've owned it, or did you buy it non-running? A little history would help us help you.

If it starts and idles, the problem is most likely not electrical. The PW's do have a throttle limiter (stopper) on the twist throttle to keep the little tikes from blasting uncontrolled into trouble. Have you looked in to that?

Otherwise, sounds like carb jetting might be off, or the carb is plugging up with our wonderful fuel we have nowadays. Also check the air cleaner and make sure the choke is working properly. A dirty air filter will make the bike run rich, which could cause it to blubber out while twisting the throttle or accelerating.

What model year is it? (Not that there were a lot of changes).