Restoring a 93 xv1100 - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 06:58 AM Thread Starter

Restoring a 93 xv1100

Hi. I'm new to the forum thing but I am thankful there are others out there to discuss this stuff with. I am restoring a 93 xv1100 that sat for nearly 10 years! I had rust in the tank and the carbs were seized. I rebuilt the carbs and got 90% of the rust out of the tanks and at first it would only run on ether. Well I have got it to the point where it will run on its own on choke but stalls immediately if I take it off of choke or try to crack the throttle. I gotta say it runs smooth on choke and I am really excited so far but I am a little frustrated and I hoped there might be someone who can point me in my next direction for getting things back to where they need to be. I know that I need to balance the carbs (I think they may be pretty close already and that I should be able to get more out of them where they are at) I used a stock yamaha rebuild kit and replaced the jets with exact matches to what came out. I know that there were no problems with the bike running before it sat for so long. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 07:39 PM
rolling rototiller

stalls just off choke? and you went through all the jets......fuel pump? this year still had the elec fuel pump, right? not shure what the specs are, but should be able to it and get a volume to time spec on it. fuel filter?, did you service the air filter? keep me up to date.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 09:13 AM

XV1100 suggestion

Try looking up www.classiccarbsandmore.com. I believe your problem is related to your carburetors.

Mike
1984 XV1000
1985 VMX1200

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 06:35 PM

I had the same problem with my 93 xv1100 my mechanic said the pin in the carb had fell he set it back in the right position not an mechanic not sure what pin he is talking about but my carbs are tune to perfection havent clean them in two years still running perfect