Speedometer and Fuel Gauge woes - Erratic reading
Need help. I have a 2003 Yamaha Silverado Special Edition 1600 cc but its basically similar to Roadstar.
1. When the engine is turned on, none of the needles ( Speed or fuel on the Instrument cluster) go through the checks.
2. Speedometer is erratic and jumps all over the place from 0-120 mph.
3. Fuel gauge sometimes work and sometimes it doesnt. After a lot of driving, its more likely that it starts working but its not the float in the tank.
1. The dealership couldnt find the problem but I am thinking that they are not looking for the root cause failure. Instead they asked me to change the part for $1000.
1. I am far from an expert but could it be a cable or electronics?
2. Any other ideas you may have..
Thanks a lot in advance.