HELP! Weird idle/ start-up 07 r6 - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

HELP! Weird idle/ start-up 07 r6

This problem is begining to annoy me. Im going to explain as best i can, might post video as well... OK.

VIDEOS AT BOTTOM!!

Try to answer a few questions, i put my bike into the shop "Ride Now" because of this i explained and even showed then what my bike is doing and all the tests they did came out fine, iunclude resync my throttle body. They told me they had no idea why its doing what its doing...

Nothing electrically has been tampered with, idle changed, hasnt been dropped recently.

My bike has about 38k miles.

It started doing this about 2-3 months ago.

At first when i let it warm up a bit, i would ride like down to the stop sign down the street, and when i pulled in my clutch, would die.

So only since its been cold, if i get a clean start-up my bike will idle fine, until my temp gauge that says LOW, actually shows a number, 104, it will idle low and sometimes die around .9k. Other times, it will pick the idle back up to around 2 k, it will sit there for maybe 3 seconds, then drop back down to around .9k for about 3 seconds, then again up to about 2k, this will repeat till by bike temp hits around 150 degrees. VERY weird. IF i try and pick up my rpms, twist the trottle, too early, like a low temp, my bike will die and be a pain to start back up.

Its becomeing frustrating if you have any question that may help, lemme know.

Any suggestions will be appriciated.

Thankz!!
```````````````````````````````````
Also in these videos when trottle is goin up and down from the .9k to about 2k i am not touching the trottle, doing it on its own...

If you dont want all the bs Forward to 1:10 ~best one~

Second one, Actually dies

Last edited by JasonBravin; 01-28-2011 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Add a video to help show problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 05:56 PM

solution?

Has anyone posted a response to this problem? I am having the same issue. I have a straight-pipe exhaust and K&N filter. I started getting this problem, so I looked on the forums. Some claimed to have solved the problem by replacing the battery. I have done that and the problem still persists. Someone else told me that I needed a power commander because the air/fuel mixture was too lean. I installed one, and it's still funky.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Not yet.

I havent fixed the problem, and nor have I got any suggestions. I dont have an idea of what the problem might be because it started to do this out of nowhere, and I didnt replace anything close enough to when this started happening. If you get anymore info, please, let me know.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 08:58 PM

So my bike does the same EXACT THING.. these are what a couple people told me.
#1- Fuel Filter
#2- Carb
#3- Injector
I hope this helps if you havent fixed it yet...

*CLTSFN*
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:36 AM
time in a bottle

what maintenance has been done? that is a lot of miles

valve adjustment

air filter

spark plugs

any time you remove the muffler you can get some strange idle changes.

does the bike go to normal after you blip the throttle?
if you were to blip the throttle at the point it starts to act funny.

it seems the electronics are trying to compensate for something is there still an o2 sensor attached to the exhaust?
any changes in fuel ? ever run race gas ? with lead?

David
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Update, @macattack The problem is not spark plugs or air filter, have tried both, im told to get a valve adjustment by a few different people, so im assuming thast what needs to be done, because I had a maintenance plan, and valve adjustment check is at 15k and there wasnt one done because it didn't need it, so makes sense. But my exhaust was changed, probably around 10k miles and the problem started around i wanna say 32k?

If i blip the throttle, most times the bike wants to die,remeber this is only on start-up until my bike gets warm, another weird thing I noticed, living in Vegas, right now its hot, if its hot out, the bike doesn't do it as bad, sometimes not at all. IF its colder, like when the video is made, it wants to die a lot more.

The o2 sensor is still there, i actually tried removeing it, and same problem happens. When i start my job up, i will be getting a valve adjustment asap, and hopefully fixes the problem.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Problem solved

Found the problem with my bike was a back pressure issue, I had pretty much a straight pipe, and went back to a stock exhaust with a slip-on, (pretty much stock), and no more idle issues.

So assuming you have this or a similar problem and have an 'upgraded' exhaust either have it remapped, or go to stock.

Hope this helps someone from the headaches I had!