Wow - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Wow

Any wow players in here? I am a guild master on Elder thalas server its my other love besides rideing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Legal!

no... computer wont run it... its too slow.. otherwise i would be all over it.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Bite Me

Yes and no.....Yes I have a few toons on Khadgar. 70 U/D Rogue and couple lower ones I never really leveled. I did start a character on a pvp server just to try it out, but its sat there ever since. Don't know if I just got bored with it, or just didnt have the time anymore...I havent played hardly at all in the past 9-10 months. I barely even log in anymore to say hi to my guildies. Probably ought to suspend my account for the time being...stupid to keep paying if I'm not playing.

"Don't sell yourself short brutha.....you're retarded in alot of ways! "--Bogie (in reference to Hornet's mechanical abilities)

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Life: Tragedy or Comedy

Never played it myself but friends of mine do. Though, can't say I know what server they're on.

I used to play EQ off and on for about 7 or 8 years. But, even that was maybe a couple of hours a week. After a while, I got bored with it and canceled my account.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
Yes and no.....Yes I have a few toons on Khadgar. 70 U/D Rogue and couple lower ones I never really leveled. I did start a character on a pvp server just to try it out, but its sat there ever since. Don't know if I just got bored with it, or just didnt have the time anymore...I havent played hardly at all in the past 9-10 months. I barely even log in anymore to say hi to my guildies. Probably ought to suspend my account for the time being...stupid to keep paying if I'm not playing.
Sounds just like me 'cept my 70 is a mage on malfurion. I eventually did suspend my account, couldn't justify paying for something I no longer used. someday I'll go back haha
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Legal!

you have to pay for it?! what happened to just buying the game and being able to play it?!

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Sheot... It's worse. You have to buy the game, then before you can even play it, you have to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription (about $15/month). Pretty expensive over time...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Legal!

thats lame... i always like diablo, and warcraft online, and stuff, but this WoW thing might take over my life

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 07:22 PM
Bite Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
Sheot... It's worse. You have to buy the game, then before you can even play it, you have to sign up for a monthly or annual subscription (about $15/month). Pretty expensive over time...

I'm no hard core gamer, so I cant talk about others out there. But when I was playing WOW constantly, I had no problem with the fees. With the sheer amount of the content in the game, no limits, no boundaries...I thought it well worth the price. But to some, I could see how that would be a bit much. To each his own. But to be fair, you ought to try it before saying its too much. You might change your mind after playing...

Here's a pic of my toon. And no judgemental remarks from the guildmaster lol...I was never one for raiding hardcore, so whatever gear I have was what I could get prettymuch on my own. This pic is actually a little old....I do have an epic chestpiece now and the Nightwatchman for a headpiece.

"Don't sell yourself short brutha.....you're retarded in alot of ways! "--Bogie (in reference to Hornet's mechanical abilities)
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Legal!

nerds!!!

j/k bro

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Bite Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetR1 View Post
nerds!!!

j/k bro
HAHA call it what you want, but it was addictive. Nerds, non-nerds, hell, I know of people who could barely turn on a PC that got sucked into the black hole known as W.O.W. lol. It was alot of fun, but it can take up alot of time too. I'd probably get back into it if I had friends who wanted to learn to play. Its always fun showing noobs around in there. The first time they see just how F'in big it is, they're like WOW!!! no pun intended lol

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Legal!

tell ya what! you'll have to get back addicted because i might need a constructive hobby for a while in QC ill hit you up or something!!

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
Bite Me

well just let me know before I suspend my account, lol....been paying $15/month forever and not even using it lol

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveR1ast View Post
I'm no hard core gamer, so I cant talk about others out there. But when I was playing WOW constantly, I had no problem with the fees. With the sheer amount of the content in the game, no limits, no boundaries...I thought it well worth the price. But to some, I could see how that would be a bit much. To each his own. But to be fair, you ought to try it before saying its too much. You might change your mind after playing...
I wasn't a hard core gamer either, but I had my Everquest account for about 7 years. When I first started playing back in '98, it was $11.95/month (IIRC). When I stopped playing, it was $15 or $16 per month. Add onto that, my wife and son played as well, and we're looking at $45/month for a game that we rarely play.

But, I will say that when I first started playing, I'd play about 2-3 hours a night. Went on for a few months, then dwindled down from there. The guild I was in (Arbiters of the Apocolypse) had a large number of character. My wood elf druid was the longest lived actively played character with the slowest advancement rate. After6 years, I was only 39th level. I leveled my monk up relatively quickly. In three years, I was 52nd level.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-23-2008, 08:58 PM
Legal!

it will be a little while DJ i'll shoot you a pm or soemthing when we finally get a computer that would actually support it

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Bite Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjorn View Post
I wasn't a hard core gamer either, but I had my Everquest account for about 7 years. When I first started playing back in '98, it was $11.95/month (IIRC). When I stopped playing, it was $15 or $16 per month. Add onto that, my wife and son played as well, and we're looking at $45/month for a game that we rarely play.

But, I will say that when I first started playing, I'd play about 2-3 hours a night. Went on for a few months, then dwindled down from there. The guild I was in (Arbiters of the Apocolypse) had a large number of character. My wood elf druid was the longest lived actively played character with the slowest advancement rate. After6 years, I was only 39th level. I leveled my monk up relatively quickly. In three years, I was 52nd level.
Wow is the same way...seems to be tons of couples or husbands/wives that play. The guild I'm in is run by a husband/wife. When I first joined he was still over in Iraq...Wow was their main source of communicating with each other, lol. Which is actually kind of neat if you think about it...like each of you having a 3D avatar that you can interact with. Of course the latency of his internet connection was always an issue from over there. Frustrating whenever you're doing group quests or instances and he'd get D/C'd all the time.
I was never a power leveler either. I enjoyed the game more when I took my time. Some people were in it just to see who could have the best armor, the most epic items, the highest PvP rankings etc. I had more fun wandering around, finding some of the smaller details in the game. I made a Warlock once that leveled from 1 to 35 in about a week or so after the Burning Crusades expansion came out. It just took the fun out of it for me. I think if I'd get back into it, I'd have to start a new toon from 1 and level up at my pace again, just to remember what I liked about it in the 1st place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetR1 View Post
it will be a little while DJ i'll shoot you a pm or soemthing when we finally get a computer that would actually support it
Yup, let me know bro. I've talked a few people into the addiction of it lol. Always fun to see them getting into it like I did. Plus, it never hurts a noobie to have friends with higher level characters....even on non-PvP servers the opposing side can be a pain in the ass lol. Oh and by the way, I only play Horde.....I won't play Alliance (2 factions in the game...you'll have to read up on it lol)

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Bite Me

Was just reading this article on a Star Trek MMORPG thats supposed to be coming out soon. I've always been a trekkie, so I may have to check this out, but the end of the article mentions a few others that will be or are already out. Some might be worth checking into:
Quote:
Other online games based on popular entertainment franchises include "The Lord of the Rings Online," "The Matrix Online," "Pirates of the Caribbean Online" and "Star Wars Galaxies." Sony Online Entertainment is currently developing "DC Universe Online" while MGM Interactive is working on "Stargate Worlds."

Original article: 'Star Trek Online' is ready to beam up - Games - MSNBC.com

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 PM

WoW fan here!
I used to play it all night long to make gold..
but now I buy on www.live4mmo.com instead to reduce playing time..
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2015, 03:59 AM

wowserem is better than all app above