Advice - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
One Liners Stratoliner, Roadliner, Raider, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Advice

Hi folks,

I am on a look out for something in the cruiser market. I narrowed down my choices to the following --->

1. Yamaha Roadliner 2014.
2. Yamaha V-Star 950.

So I went to the show and checked it out. My background is that I am converting from a 110-150 cc motorcycle to something of this size. I am new to the conditions here as regards to riding a motorcycle. Actually I just moved to southern California and think that since I am pretty the only person travelling from point A to point B all the time....a better option is to explore riding a motorcycle.

Now...the salesman came back saying the Roadliner 2014 "a lot of motorcycle" for someone in my position and a better option is to go for the V-Star 950. ..Because if I buy something in the 250 cc to 650 cc, I will pretty much grow out of it quickly.

This got me thinking....these bikes have really low center of gravity and are comfortable to sit on.

What concerns me is that I will buy this bike and then find it very hard to handle...turning at low speeds...because it is a heavy system. Making U-turns in city streets....moving along traffic congestion in 101 while climbing....lots of things are coming into play...

Can some of you folks help me form a decision...I am centered on buying a motorcycle as I see it as a good option for me.

Thanks,

optimusvs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 AM

Welcome. How often do you travel and years of experience? Nothing beats full comfort with riding and that's important. As of what the salesman saying, most beginner bikers outgrowing slower bikes and eventually look for faster ones after a year or so. Its for you to decide on your lifestyle of riding and of course money.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-19-2014, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

So the handling of maybe V-star 950 at low speed is not that bad? I mean I am 5 feet 9 inches..weight 187 pounds. Not much muscle around the place...that is why I am asking the handling at low speed...which could pose a problem.

I need to fix this problem...I am looking for pointers. Since I am so fixated on this bike...I want a way to workout these teething issues so I can feel I did a good thing for myself.

I dont mind making mistakes. I guess you only learn from mistakes.

I will be riding it for work everyday. My experience with bikes in the US...is 0. My experience with bikes in general is 9 yrs.

Thanks,

optimusvs.

Last edited by optimusvs; 03-19-2014 at 03:59 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 PM

Interestingly enough once the above information thanks friends for information

wisata di lombok | sewa tempat ulang tahun