charging system - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
Search for the Stars Royal Star, Road Star, V Star, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-21-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter
Site Supporter

charging system

I have a 2001 Royal Star 1300.
Last year I was having charging issues and R/R my rectifier, which solved the then problem. I had to purchase a new battery during my troubleshooting. i'm not able to ride very often, so I always have a battery tender connected. I took the bike for a short ride the other day, about a half hour, city riding...traffic lights and such, and after stopping and turning the bike off for about 15 minutes, it wouldn't start. I was able to call a friend and we trailered the bike home. I put it on the tender and in a day or so, the battery was charged and started right up. When i metered the battery when the bike was running, I'm only getting about 12.5 volts, which I believe should be more than that at idle, I even increased the RPM's to see if the reading went up, and it did not.
what are some troubleshooting tips i can do to see if its my rectifier again....or if it's the generator, or something else?
Thanks
Retiredguy

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode