It's that time of year again, so it's time to kick off this year's race contests.
The system is exactly the same as last year
- This year's contests will be run on the following series:
- MotoGP (800cc) - run by shagzomatic
- WSBK - run by JakeR1
You can view info specific to each of those in the race contests section
- This contest is for YFN members only.
- This contest is for fun.
- Pick the top five finishing riders for each race, in the correct order of their finish.
- Points will be awarded as follows:
Don't worry about the math, we'll do it for you.
- Each rider picked in their correct finishing position is worth 5 points.
- Each rider picked in the top five, but finishing in a position other than what was picked is worth 1 point.
- Bonus points are awarded for correctly picking multiple positions as follows:
- Two correct picks = 1 point
- Three correct picks = 3 points
- Four correct picks = 5 points
- All picks correct = 7 points
- In case of a tie for points on an individual race, the final order of the standings will be arranged by the order in which each person finalized their picks, the earliest person to finalize being first among those tied.
- In case of a tie for points on the full season, the final order of the standings will be arranged such that whoever has a higher average placement in individual races (in a case where a person has not participated in a race, they are considered to have finished in last place + 1 for that race in this calculation) will be ranked higher in overall standings.
- Picks can be submitted for any race at any time, but all picks for a race must be submitted by the time listed for each round on the picks screen. There will be no exceptions.
- Questions and/or problems should be PM'ed to shagzomatic or JakeR1, or posted to this thread.
- Rules are subject to change without notification, so please refer to the rules page on the contest site for the current rules.
- Anyone who cannot deal with these rules and decides to bitch, whine and complain will be removed from the contest for the remainder of the season.
The first time you go to the site, you'll need to sign up with your YFN user info (form on the right). NOTE: You must re-register for this year's contest if you participated last year.
All previous registrations, points, etc, have been wiped clean.
Once you're logged in, it may be useful to check out the handy User Guide in the navigation bar -- this explains how everything works.
So... have fun, and LET THE TRASH TALKING BEGIN!
2010 YFN Race Contest site
If you have any issues, PLEASE BE SURE TO POST THEM TO THIS THREAD. If you don't tell me something is broken, I can't fix it!