Rossi's Team Manager to Leave Yamaha as well. - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Rossi's Team Manager to Leave Yamaha as well.

Rossi is going to Ducati on a two-year deal and while Brivio (pictured with the rider) could also be seen with the #46 in the Ducati pits next year, it looks like it would be as part of Rossi's personal management, rather than as a Ducati employee.

"I wouldn't mind following in the footsteps of Carlo Pernat," Brivio told Italian website GPone, referring to the manager of Loris Capirossi. "And I think this will be my future career path.
"An historic chapter is coming to a close at Yamaha, and I wouldn't have had much more to contribute. Nothing is confirmed at the moment, but I have plenty of time to sort out the details about my next job.

"But for now I can exclude the possibility of continuing with Yamaha."

Brivio became director of the Yamaha MotoGP team in 2002 and played a part in signing Rossi from Honda at the end of 2003.

The Italian already works exclusively for Rossi's side of the Yamaha garage, with 2010 MotoGP title leader Jorge Lorenzo having his own team manager.

While Brivio looks to be leaving, the future of Rossi's crew chief Jerry Burgess - and his mechanics - is still to be settled.