1988 Yamaha SnoScoot - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
All Things Sled All models of snowmobiles.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-27-2014, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

1988 Yamaha SnoScoot

I recently purchased a 1988 Yamaha SnoScoot for my son...it's going to be a Christmas present. It starts, runs and goes great.... but there is a noise coming from the transmission area.... could the gears in there be getting bad, making that noise? The guy i got if from never had an issue and was a bit embarrassed when he started it up and is began making the noise...

Like I said it starts, runs and goes good but the noise concerns me, i want it all ship shape for my son on Christmas... I pulled the belt housing off and everything in there seems fine... how do i remove the secondary clutch so i can inspect the transmission?

any help would be greatly appreciated... I am a decent backyard mechanic but i want to do it right and not do anything i shouldn't be doing... thanks in advance.

Bookmarks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode