Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Show off Your R1

45K views 91 replies 56 participants last post by  JonV 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am a new sponsor and member to the community and I am happy to be hear.

I have had an obsession with the Yamaha r1 ever since I first laid eyes on the 1998 blue YZF R1 when I was young. I did not know how, but I knew i HAD to have it.

I have since had 3 of them and don't see myself slowing down any time soon.

I always love getting other ideas from other people so I wanted to make this a thread to show off your prized possession.

Here are 2 of my 3, First is a 2005 r1 and the other is my custom 2003 r1 with the exhaust in the tail section. As you can see I like the black and blue color scheme. What do you guys think? Tire Wheel Water Fuel tank Sky

Wheel Tire Water Sky Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Water Sky Fuel tank

See less See more
#7 · (Edited)
Umm Very Nice! I like how you have some options :). You can change the bike depending on what color you are wearing I love it!

What do you have done to them?

How is the New Model? I have only scene one on the road and have not had the time to do much research on it. Thanks for posting.

The Candy Red and the Black look soo good together. Normally I am not a huge fan of red but.. I love how they went with a different shade. Good choice but I am still a sucker for the blue. Have you done anything to it?

Awesome, I love the aftermarket rims. I am sure it sounds just as nice as it looks!

#23 ·
I know some of you won't remember this far back, but I remember back in 1979-1980 walking into the coolest bmx bike shop and seeing brand new DG's and other race bmx bikes all dressed out with blue or black paint and bright anodized gold, blue or red rims and other bits. When i see gold rims on a black or blue bike i am always reminded of those cool old bmx bikes.

#46 ·
New I think around $3800.

I got mine for $1500 pre-owned.

Then I got a new rear wheel from BST.

The story behind that was nuts. Terry from BST who I built a repoire with said she was sending me something from SA and Motowheels would then fwd. So nothing came. I emailed here after missing her at the bike show in Long Beach. In email she asked if I got anything. No. I figured tshirts, some silly shvt. Oh no...

Motowheels calls me apologizing. Saying they have a set of wheels for me!

It actually was just a new rear wheel.:dunno No idea why? Still dont. She said they do it for friends. okey dokey friend for life now.

I decided to sell the old wheel very reasonably priced and bought all titanium cush drive hardware, losing another 1/4 of unsprung weight of the back... and had a saffa mate post her a bottle of the best wine he could buy.

Thats the long answer:haha

#21 ·
my seats or seat covers (5 total: '01 rear seat, '02 rear seat, seat cover, '09 rear seat, seat cover) are on top of my built in hutch cabinet. i can reach them when i stretch and i'm 6'2". the seat covers are put back into their shipping package when sitting up there.....make sure no dust gets on them. no chance of bumped or scratched up there. (i have two dogs and no cats, i don't see the 66lb dogs getting up there) :)

yamajj

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.