Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Show off Your R1

45K views 91 replies 56 participants last post by  JonV 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am a new sponsor and member to the community and I am happy to be hear.

I have had an obsession with the Yamaha r1 ever since I first laid eyes on the 1998 blue YZF R1 when I was young. I did not know how, but I knew i HAD to have it.

I have since had 3 of them and don't see myself slowing down any time soon.

I always love getting other ideas from other people so I wanted to make this a thread to show off your prized possession.

Here are 2 of my 3, First is a 2005 r1 and the other is my custom 2003 r1 with the exhaust in the tail section. As you can see I like the black and blue color scheme. What do you guys think? Tire Wheel Water Fuel tank Sky

Wheel Tire Water Sky Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Water Sky Fuel tank

See less See more
#40 · (Edited)
Hello

Hello, I am a new member to this forum. I want to say that the forum made great. and anyone who is interested can find on it what he wants.

I was born in Croatia, more precisely in the city of Rijeka. I lived there for 5 years and then moved to Bosnia and Herzegovina and since then I have lived to 22 years in BiH
, my name is Alen Dejanovic.

Currently live in Austria and now i have 23 years.

And this is from my yamaha 2007 model rn19.

#55 · (Edited)
Well I actually have my R1 now. I didnt end up getting the 06 raven because I found a better deal.
2004 w/ 5,750 miles on it and its soooo clean, brand new tires with the nubs still on them even, documentation showing that he just had the brake fluid and oil changed. It only cost me $4800:dance
Well now for some pictures

I was surprised how much better this thing handles than my F4i

#56 · (Edited)
This is my first R1. Bought it a couple weeks ago after the wife totalled my GSXR. Got it for $5400 with 10K miles on it.

Came with:
Termignoni full Ti system
PC3
Graves velocity stacks
K&N
SuperSprox sprockets
EK chain

Since then I have added:
Ohlins Damper
Trackstar HID kit
Xenons in the projectors
Dunlop Q2's 190/55 - 120/70
Pazzo's are on the way
Exhaust wrap is going on this weekend

So far I really like the bike. Lighter than the GSXR but a little down on power. The GSXR was an ex-racebike and had some motor though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.