It went booooom!!! Need to buy engine/parts - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
YZ-F & YZ YZ250F, YZ450F, YZ250, YZ125, YZ80, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-19-2018, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy It went booooom!!! Need to buy engine/parts

HEY there my fellow riders,

New to the site but looking forward seeing what people are up to on here. But to the point now. So awhile back i bought a 2008 YZ450F. Picked it up pretty cheap well long story short it lasted just about 3 min from getting it off the truck home. Started it up, reved it real manly like....( had to look good in front of the wife...you know) well it went BOOM,CLANK... Long story shot. screwed the piston cylinder up(aka Jug), crank, crank rod, piston just shattered, and the right side of the engine is pretty bad. IM guessing it would be cheaper to find another motor for it and start from there. Other then the motor shot everything else is in near perfect condition. So I'm looking for another engine to possible buy from someone. I did some research and i Found i can use 2006-2009... Please correct me if I'm wrong. But thanks everyone in advance.

Bookmarks

Tags
4stroke, engine, yz450f, yzf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode