Need help - Fuel Pump :( - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
Yamaha Forum :  Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

Welcome to the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > Super Sport > FZ's, FZR's, & YZF 750

FZ's, FZR's, & YZF 750 FZ-600, FZ-700, FZ-750, & YZF-750

Old 09-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Motomaniac

Motomaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Need help - Fuel Pump :(

Hey all

Man... i really don't have luck with my YZF it me so bad.

Well I got some problems with carb, but nevermind, anyway I pull out fuel pump to get clean reservoir and when I put it back (after about 2 days when I finished cleaning reservoir) it's just don't working anymore . When I turn key there is no sound nothing from fuel pump, when I try to start motorbike there is no fuel going from pump it's dead.

Because I live where I live I can't find that pump to buy (used), do you know is there some simmilar fuel pump I can put?

btw. Do you have some websites who sales parts for yzf?

Thanks all

Last edited by Motomaniac; 09-06-2009 at 07:53 AM. Reason: text
Motomaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
syncitizen
Site Supporter

Bike: Suzuki something
syncitizen is on a distinguished road

MrCycles has a a huge selection of oem and aftermarket parts. Absolutely great company to deal with and happens to be a site sponsor. If you cant find what your looking for online I would try giving them a call and see what if any interchange parts would work for your bike. BTW whats the year and displacement of your YZF?

ATGATT
syncitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Motomaniac

Thanks man!

It's YZF-750R 1996 (how much I know there are UK and USA models right?) This is (I must check) probably UK. But I think the fuel pumps are same, probably is same and from '95-'98.

I will check website now, I have some family in USA, so there are some chances to get fuel pump maybe .

Thanks

Anyway some people told me that I can put from fzr600, zx6r,... but don't know how can I see from fzr600 pump is going outside fuel tank...

Last edited by Motomaniac; 09-06-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
R1Lover
Administrator

Bike: 2007 R1, 05 V-Rod
R1Lover is on a distinguished road

I would try to find a used one maybe.... maybe even take yours apart and see what's up... a new one seems to be pretty expensive.

WOW!

22 FUEL PUMP ASY
4FM-13910-00-00 1 $589.01

P.s. this is the same fuel pump that is one many models around this year too, in case you can find one close to this year or engine size.
R1Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #5
Motomaniac

Yes, new one is too expensive ...

I still looking, have sended few emails.

I found from R1 '02 '03 but but that model doesn't have carburetors , and I don't know can I use that fuel pump?
Old 09-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
R1Lover
Administrator

Ya that one won't work, it needs to be from a 600, 750, or 1000 from about 95-99 or so.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM   #7
Motomaniac

Thank R1Lover.

I will try more to find from my model, one guy have from FZR600... but how much I can see it is going outside fuel tank only to make some modifications...

Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 08:30 AM   #8
streetbikedarren
up and runnin!

Bike: 1994 Yamaha YZF750
streetbikedarren is on a distinguished road

There is a 97 yzf 750 gas tank with fuel pump on e-bay for 175 bucks buy it now.

I have a 94 and my fuel pump was thrashed. I went to an auto parts store and bought an electric one. Installed it under the tank.

Good luck,

Darren
streetbikedarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
Motomaniac

I'm trying to find it on ebay...

Can you tell me what pump you buy? Do you have some pictures? Did you make some changes about wireing or with tank?

btw. I found from Suzuki SRAD 750 (the guy need to check he thinks it's '99 model), but I don't know can I put it inside...

Thank you all for help!
Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #10
Motomaniac

Guys, I need help, I found this one (and price is ok) from Suzuki SRAD 750 (i'm not sure is it '99)

Here is picture

"Body" it's not rounded, but ok, I guess that is not problem? But it got 4 wires, my got 3, and I don't know... probably other is... ok

Here is picture of mine

Does anyone got expirence with these? I'm in bad mood for days because *(%#($ bike...

Last edited by Motomaniac; 09-08-2009 at 05:53 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:56 PM   #11
hornett22

Bike: not sure yet.
hornett22 is on a distinguished road
Default that suzuki is probably fuel injected.

it will be too much fuel pressure for carbs.

fix it right.

that tank was on EBAY last night.that is a good deal because i wouldn't sell my spare pump for less than $225.
hornett22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #12
tstugelmayer

Bike: 1994 YZF750
tstugelmayer is on a distinguished road

I would be inclined to not mess with installing a fule pump from a different bike in the tank. Way to many things that could wrong!!!

If an external fuel pump has the same output pressure and capacity, I do not see what the issue could be. The carb bank should not care where the pump is located.

According to my service manual, there are three wires to the pump. A hot from the fuel pump relay (which is a good thing as it does not connect to the ignition control), a sending wire for the level sensor and a ground. You will not have the level sensor, but is that worth the $500. I have swapped external fuel pumps from snowmobiles for years. In some cases looking for higher GPM flow to help in high RPM situations.

That said, I would first try to find a used one before cutting wires for an alternate pump.
tstugelmayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
R1Lover
Administrator

I agree don't bother with another brand at all.... pony up the money or wait until you can.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
Motomaniac

Thanks all!

I will listen to your advice.

I also found and this one, it's from FZR600 and it is external pump.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:03 AM   #15
streetbikedarren
up and runnin!

Bike: 1994 Yamaha YZF750
streetbikedarren is on a distinguished road

I tried to pm you back but I don't have 5 posts yet.....now I do. Did you find the tank/pump on e-bay? No bids yet and one day left. If you go the external pump route, you have to mount the pump below the tank so it can be gravity fed. There isn't alot of room under there. I wired it to the run/off rocker switch, not the ignition. I think it puts out 4 psi and stock on my 94 is 3 psi. Good luck.
streetbikedarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
cad600

Bike: FZR600 FZR400 YZF750
cad600 is on a distinguished road

I'm running into the same thing. The fuel pump that came with my bike is so rusted out that I don't think it is salvageable. I picked up a tank and pump on ebay last week for cheap. I hope the fuel pump is in working order. If not I'm going to go a different route that you may want to as well. I will weld in a plate to cover the original hole the fuel pump sits in. Then cut in the slots to add a fuel petcock for an external fuel pump. This should solve a lot of problems.

By the way, look at the micro fiche. The fuel and and pump for the 95-96 YZF600R is the exact same as the 750. So don't just look for 750 parts.
Old 09-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #17
Motomaniac

Guys. At the end I buy that pump from suzkuki, I got very good price (35e for fuel pump and fuel tap!). If nothing I will sell it . I will sell just fuel tap and get money back...

Don't know, I want to try to put that pump on cover of my pump, but I don't know is it possible, or maybe to cut reservoir, oh I forget I got and resevoir with fuel pump and tap (but it's damaged, anyway below where is pump is good, it got scrathces and few bends above). First to take I look can I change just covers?

Anyway if nothing, I will sell that I take exernal... (I can't find nowhere here fuel pump of my bike )

Thank you all for help!

Hey all, at the end I buy that one from SRAD 750. Look same but cover is diffrent, I will try to put that pump on cover of my pump ? (hm... not sure is it possible).

I buy it because I really got good price. I got fuel pump, fuel tap and reservoir (only reservoir is damaged, but part where is fuel pump is ok, I can use it) for 35e. If nothing maybe to cut that part from that reservoir and put on mine... ?

And if and that is impossible than I will sell it and return money and buy another one .

Does anyone ever try to change that metal "cover"?

Thanks all for all help!

@streetbikedarren
No problem, thanks .

@cad600
I will try now with these one, hope I will have luck. If I can only change that plate

Last edited by Motomaniac; 09-10-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #18
Motomaniac

Hey I found fuel pump from YZF 750!

That guys got it all the time, but they didn't saw the message I send to them asking them for fuel pump... .

Now I will probably sell this one from suzuki and for few days taking original .
Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 AM   #19
Motomaniac

I installed new fuel pump it's working good, but bike still won't run... like there is no spark... I will burn that bike!
Old 09-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #20
cad600

Bike: FZR600 FZR400 YZF750
cad600 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomaniac View Post
I installed new fuel pump it's working good, but bike still won't run... like there is no spark... I will burn that bike!
Don't do that. You can fix it. Or I need some parts from it first.

Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > Super Sport > FZ's, FZR's, & YZF 750