Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

2009 Yamaha R1 Starting Problem

11K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  rube 
#1 ·
I have an 2009 Yamaha R1. I got it just couple of months back.
I am having a issue with the starter.
I am not able to start my motorcycle. When I give the start button, The display on the dash goes off and comes back and the started makes a noise.

I am worried :( ...My motorcycle dealer is closed on Sunday and Monday. Is there a way I can make my motorcycle start.....

Please let me know if there is a quick way to start my motorcycle.

Thanks!

Rohan

#3 ·
you can hold your two buttons down on your dash when the key off for 2 seconds. while keeping the buttons pressed turn key on an hold until u see diag appear. when it appears press the two buttons again until the d01 appears. go to # 9. this should show you your batt voltage. its ur voltage to the fuel pump. if its not around 12 or better then you have a weak battery and your bike will not start. you could clutch start it, but by the battery being weak if this is your case, it will be very hard to keep the bike running because once you come to a stop and stop giving the bike throttle it will die because its basically running off the stator and rec/reg alone. the noise u hear is probably your fuel pump cycling. if its a clicking noise its probably your stater relay. hoppe this helps if u havent gotten it started by now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.