Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

YZF clutch and brake cylinders

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  killawife 
#1 ·
Which one to use??

I am looking at Brembo, of course, which models or what other manufacturers have been used successfully??? Where did you purchase them??

thanx for any help guys.

#3 ·
I've got a R1 Radial for the Brakes and a Duc 848 Radial for the Clutch. They both work great.

Switch and hydraulic line connection is a little tricky with both of these, but well worth the trouble.

#9 ·
I could use a bit of help here. I mounted a R1 -05 brake main cylinder to my original 6-pots with braided Goodridge hoses. The feel of the brake is so much better but there a lot of lever travel before anything happens. I have to pull the lever half of the way in before there is any braking.
The adjustment screw is at max and as far as I can see the lever pushes directly on the pump as soon as I touch the lever. I tried disasembling the lever to see if the adjustment could be changed but anything I do will make the pump be pressed earlier and I don't know if I wanna try that.
I have bled the calipers and main cylinder a LOT so that can't be the problem.
Any clues?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.