First track day question - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
Yamaha Forum :  Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

Welcome to the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > General Forum > General Bike Discussion

General Bike Discussion All other bikes talk & other makes or models.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
memphiskang
It does what it's told

Bike: Blue 2006 R1
memphiskang is on a distinguished road
Default First track day question

I haven't posted in a loooong time. I'm getting ready to to go Chuckwalla Valley Raceway Star School and wanted to know if my Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires would be fine for the track? They are not new, but aren't in bad condition. Also they put in the info packet they will be selling gas. Should I take my bike on empty or half & half of 91 oct and fill the rest with race fuel there? Any advice would be appreciated thanks!
memphiskang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
James D Grady

Bike: 98 R1, 07 R1, 08 1098
James D Grady is on a distinguished road

Race fuel is not needed and your machine will not take any advantage from it without being tuned for it. Your tires will do fine for everything up to full on race pace. Just keep your brake and throttle inputs smooth and allow 1-2 laps for your tires to warm up before trying to touch elbow. Have fun.
James D Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
memphiskang
It does what it's told

Bike: Blue 2006 R1
memphiskang is on a distinguished road

Ok, thanks for the advice! I decided to get some pirelli sc2's. I can't wait til wednesday!
memphiskang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
cburgess594

Bike: BMW KI200LT
cburgess594 is on a distinguished road

ooooooppps.... How's the ride?

cburgess594 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > General Forum > General Bike Discussion