98 YZ 250 powervalve - Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource
Yamaha Forum :  Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource

Welcome to the Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > General Forum > General Bike Discussion > Mechanical / How To

Mechanical / How To For General Mechanical / How To that apply to all bikes.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Ciggie
1998 YZ250, Ciggie Style

Bike: 1998 YZ250
Ciggie is on a distinguished road
Default 98 YZ 250 powervalve

I have questions about powervalve, I have heard and seen, that 98 250's the valve hits the top of the piston. How do you prevent this?
Also I went to the dealer to order a new powervalve, and they said it is a one piece.... Mine was a 2 peice... One piece wouldn't fit... Have anyone had this same problem? They are telling me they can't order a two piece powervalve.... What's up with this.????
Please help... Thanks
Ciggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Yamaha Forum : Your Yamaha Motor Products Community & Resource > General Forum > General Bike Discussion > Mechanical / How To