Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Need help - Fuel Pump :(

21K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  tacds4 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all

Man... i really don't have luck with my YZF it :hump me so bad.

Well I got some problems with carb, but nevermind, anyway I pull out fuel pump to get clean reservoir and when I put it back (after about 2 days when I finished cleaning reservoir) it's just don't working anymore :(. When I turn key there is no sound nothing from fuel pump, when I try to start motorbike there is no fuel going from pump it's dead.

Because I live where I live I can't find that pump to buy (used), do you know is there some simmilar fuel pump I can put?

btw. Do you have some websites who sales parts for yzf?

Thanks all

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks man! :thumbup

It's YZF-750R 1996 (how much I know there are UK and USA models right?) This is (I must check) probably UK. But I think the fuel pumps are same, probably is same and from '95-'98.

I will check website now, I have some family in USA, so there are some chances to get fuel pump maybe :).

Thanks ;)

Anyway some people told me that I can put from fzr600, zx6r,... but don't know how can I see from fzr600 pump is going outside fuel tank...

#4 ·
I would try to find a used one maybe.... maybe even take yours apart and see what's up... a new one seems to be pretty expensive.

WOW!

22 FUEL PUMP ASY
4FM-13910-00-00 1 $589.01

P.s. this is the same fuel pump that is one many models around this year too, in case you can find one close to this year or engine size.

#9 ·
I'm trying to find it on ebay...

Can you tell me what pump you buy? Do you have some pictures? Did you make some changes about wireing or with tank?

btw. I found from Suzuki SRAD 750 (the guy need to check he thinks it's '99 model), but I don't know can I put it inside...

Thank you all for help! :thumbup

#10 · (Edited)
Guys, I need help, I found this one (and price is ok) from Suzuki SRAD 750 (i'm not sure is it '99)

Here is picture

"Body" it's not rounded, but ok, I guess that is not problem? But it got 4 wires, my got 3, and I don't know... probably other is... ok :)

Here is picture of mine

Does anyone got expirence with these? I'm in bad mood for days because *(%#($ bike...

#12 ·
I would be inclined to not mess with installing a fule pump from a different bike in the tank. Way to many things that could wrong!!!

If an external fuel pump has the same output pressure and capacity, I do not see what the issue could be. The carb bank should not care where the pump is located.

According to my service manual, there are three wires to the pump. A hot from the fuel pump relay (which is a good thing as it does not connect to the ignition control), a sending wire for the level sensor and a ground. You will not have the level sensor, but is that worth the $500. I have swapped external fuel pumps from snowmobiles for years. In some cases looking for higher GPM flow to help in high RPM situations.

That said, I would first try to find a used one before cutting wires for an alternate pump.

#15 ·
I tried to pm you back but I don't have 5 posts yet.....now I do. Did you find the tank/pump on e-bay? No bids yet and one day left. If you go the external pump route, you have to mount the pump below the tank so it can be gravity fed. There isn't alot of room under there. I wired it to the run/off rocker switch, not the ignition. I think it puts out 4 psi and stock on my 94 is 3 psi. Good luck.

#16 ·
I'm running into the same thing. The fuel pump that came with my bike is so rusted out that I don't think it is salvageable. I picked up a tank and pump on ebay last week for cheap. I hope the fuel pump is in working order. If not I'm going to go a different route that you may want to as well. I will weld in a plate to cover the original hole the fuel pump sits in. Then cut in the slots to add a fuel petcock for an external fuel pump. This should solve a lot of problems.

By the way, look at the micro fiche. The fuel and and pump for the 95-96 YZF600R is the exact same as the 750. So don't just look for 750 parts.

#17 · (Edited)
Guys. At the end I buy that pump from suzkuki, I got very good price (35e for fuel pump and fuel tap!). If nothing I will sell it :). I will sell just fuel tap and get money back...

Don't know, I want to try to put that pump on cover of my pump, but I don't know is it possible, or maybe to cut reservoir, oh I forget I got and resevoir with fuel pump and tap (but it's damaged, anyway below where is pump is good, it got scrathces and few bends above). First to take I look can I change just covers?

Anyway if nothing, I will sell that I take exernal... (I can't find nowhere here fuel pump of my bike :()

Thank you all for help!

Hey all, at the end I buy that one from SRAD 750. Look same but cover is diffrent, I will try to put that pump on cover of my pump ? (hm... not sure is it possible).

I buy it because I really got good price. I got fuel pump, fuel tap and reservoir (only reservoir is damaged, but part where is fuel pump is ok, I can use it) for 35e. If nothing maybe to cut that part from that reservoir and put on mine... ?

And if and that is impossible than I will sell it and return money and buy another one :).

Does anyone ever try to change that metal "cover"?

Thanks all for all help!

@streetbikedarren
No problem, thanks ;).

@cad600
I will try now with these one, hope I will have luck. If I can only change that plate :)

#21 ·
Hi All

This is my first time on this forum, really need help
What fuel pump can be used on a Yamaha FZR 400
I am currently using a Facet pump & it is causing a lot of problems. Carbs are either overflowing or fuel is getting into the oil

Any advice will be of great help

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.