Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Hindle Race Exhaust for YZF 750 SP

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  minstar 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Following on from the discussion about D&D I thought I would put up a pic or two of the full race system I bought from Starcycle USA (Oh sake and you see...). Anyway the pics possibly don't do it justice and unfortunately Hindle no longer do the high mount version but in some ways this might be better. So light too. Carried the whole box with one arm. Compared to the stainless steel standard system this should lose plenty of kilos. However, may be very fkg loud.

The other thing that arrived was my Ohlins rear shock, and no not the one that came on the later R models (from Japan I believe). This is the full YA421 46HRCLS. Managed to track down a guy named Matt (must be good) at moto-services.net who sourced the parts and got Ohlins USA to build it for me...And yes it cost but actually no more than I was going to pay for an alternative from WP (4014 Fusion). And I just like the shiny gold colour.

Matt

See less See more
#5 ·
I got the hindle from starcycle usa (www.starcycle.com). I got it on completely yesterday and it looks horn. I will take some photos and put up. The only slight trouble is the pipe that comes out of the body to meet up with the canister goes close to the swingarm or you have to mount the canister lower. Should be an easy fix (more of a nuisance really. Also I scratched the titanium can on something (very minor) but equally a little annoying.

Carrying the "annoying" theme forward. Went to replace the front discs and managed to snap the head off just one bolt on either side so wheel is now at bike shop hoping that hey can get snapped bolt out. Tried using a bolt remover and it snapped!! In very tight (plus loctite) and there is a little bit or corrosion as well. What is annoying is that if this had gone swimmingly then the bike would have been back on the road yesterday arvo complete with EBC contour discs, and new pads. Bugger.

Photos to come.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.