Yamaha Powersport Forums banner

Yzf 750r fairing conversion

28K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  R7R 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if u can put the r1 fairings on a 97 750r? My fairins are junk and i found a set of r1 farings pretty cheap.

#12 ·
Hello: could'nt send email not enough posts.
The fairing mods are not hard if you can do a bit of welding or know someone that can,
1st, rad was to wide for the r7 fairing to sit on the bike properly needed to cut bottom of rad and re-weld/
2nd, fairing clock mount and stay had to be altered,cut and re-welded,if i done this mod again, i would get race dash ,techtronic,or vector dash is good i have that on my streetfighter project a lot easier.plus you only need LED lights as well, for instrument panel thats what i would do in hindsight.
3rd, all new fairing brackets made,
4th,you will have an issue with the clip-ons hitting the fairing, so you will need after market clip-ons or do what i done and swap the right clip-on to the left handle bar and turn it upside down vivas versas with the left to right,and lower them under the top yoke by 60mm.
5th, i used a race fairing, didnt want to spoil the look, and went for bicycle lights underneath,i will enclose photo,needed new bulbs for the right angle of lighting, have the info somewhere.
hope all this helps, and if you need anymore info just email me,
the r7 fairing was bought for £280, but i cant remember where from i have the paperwork indoors,i will have a look at the weekend,
happy building,it will be worth it.
regards.
wayne

Attachments

#14 ·
Hi:
i used 2 x front bicycle lights ,search on the internet,might take a little time visiting various sites before you decide on the right lights for you, used ,Dichroic MR11 Light Bulbs 35mm+ lampholders ,make sure the diameter of the lights you use, can take these bulbs,
used 1x 50 watt ,with a 20 degree light spread angle & 1x 35watt
38 degree light spread angle,not 100% sure if thats right but its an example, it was 4 years ago since i built the bike,drill a small hole into the back of the lights so you can pull through the wires from the lamp holder,wire 1' to the main lights & 1' to the high beam,you may need to speak to your mot tester on the current legal requirements, but mine passes every year with the help of a little bit of black tape, see photo of right hand light and you will notice the tape at the top of the light, lowers the light angle,otherwise the light spread will be all over the place.
i will try at the weekend and take some photos of the lights in pieces, so you get an idea.
hope this helps,happy building
wayne

#18 · (Edited)
crap, my email prog placed all notification email from this site in a separate folder due to some email filter rule,
sorry for that if I missed a reply, and PMs.

Dac1915
It was not that hard, as ging said the radiator is to big, especially on the -95 model, which I had.
I cut of the 3 lowest cells and moved the rad up approx 2cm.
And I cut up the bottom fairing piece and modified the width etc.
The full story of this project can be read here.

#19 ·
Dude :makes me want to get my hammer out and build another r7 replica, after reading your project. blinding, awesome, put a smile on face. i more than most, know how much work went into your mod, and it looks awesome, put some stickers on her, looks way better ,im sure someone out there can match the colour.
would like to see how she looks now ? any updates .
awesome build dude.
ging

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.